Mbuso Khoza Live at the Market Theatre


I’ll be honest with you – I didn’t know Mbuso Khoza until I met him just before the Standard Bank Joy of Jazz where he performed. I fell in love with his music the minute I saw him on stage and when I did a bit of research about who the man is; I realized that I have been consuming his music all along! His vocal skills have thrilled audiences far and wide and from my experience at the festival, I’m definitely looking forward to his 3-day show at the Market Theatre this coming weekend, 23 – 25 November.



As a man who draws his music from his life experiences and traditional Zulu music; his repertoire for the upcoming show will mostly consist of his album Eshowe (which is named after his birthplace) and will also give audiences a taste of his new album as he will be accompanied by a live band and a special guest artist, Zawadi YaMungu.  



Mbuso has been entertaining audiences for the past several years, performing extensively in countries such as Senegal, Burkina Faso, Portugal, Switzerland, France and Netherlands and I look forward to him showcasing the true depth of his artistic and diverse talent.



You may still not know who the man is but you may have heard one of his songs somewhere. I hope that after listening to this one, you will now know who I’m talking about…

Tickets to Mbuso’s first performance at the Market Theatre can be booked via Webtickets or at any Pick n Pay store (at R150). Groups of 4 and more people can purchase discounted tickets at R120 per ticket from Anthony Ezeoke (011 832 1641 ext 203 or 083 246 4950)

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment