My chat with one of SA's funniest men, Siv Ngesi

Weve seen him in 24: Redemption (2008), Invictus (2009), Copposites (2012) and Mandela: Long Walk to freedom (2013). And now, if he wan't doing splits on SABC3s Strictly Come Dancing hes posing for magazines or doing what he loves most. I got to have a chat with the talented Siv Ngesi just to know him a little bit more for you


     StreetKid (SK): Tell me, how did it all begin?
     Siv Ngesi (SN): When I was in grade 1 teachers bitched to my mommy that I was disruptive and noisy in class. They wanted to put me on ritalin and my mommy said "never!". She sent me to speech and drama...

     SK: Your first love ? comedy, acting or dancing.
     SN: Acting is my fist wife and the rest are my other wives. I have Zuma tendencies.

     SK: Would you consider yourself a celebrity?
SN: No I wouldn't. I am just a person living his dream and getting paid to do what he loves. So I am not a celebrity, but I celebrate my life.

     SK: What excites you the most about where you are in life at the moment? 
SN: What excites me the most is that it's only the beginning and the world has only had a small taste of my empire to come. This year I celebrate my 20th year in the industry.

     SK: I know that youre quite vocal, especially on Social Media. Has that not gotten you into trouble?
SN: I get into kaak often and it's part of it. With a voice comes responsibility and feedback. I get as much as I give.. But rather ask for forgiveness than permission.

     SK: Another thing youre quite vocal about is abuse against women and children. Tell us a little bit more about what youre doing in advocating such an issue.
SN: I don't like talking about what I do or say. Rather watch my Ted Talk. But all I will say is that I will lead this army and we will end abuse against women and children together.

     SK: You havent made it to Cosmopolitans Sexiest SA Men calendar yet, but you posed naked for the 2013 Marie Claire Naked issue, shot by a woman. Were you nervous at all?
SN: Hahaha for the record I was offered to do the calendar last year and I couldn't do it because I had an injury that kept me out of gym for a while and I didn't want them to photoshop this body of mine. But this year I will make sure I do it.

I wasn't nervous at all to being naked. I love being naked and I am not ashamed of my body or my manhood, and I was shooting with two white comedians (wink) so I felt great.

     SK: Your relationship with Superman? Lol
SN: I am Superman

     SK: Best relationship advice youve ever heard?
SN: Find your best friend.

SK: Whats next for Siv?
     SN: Domination and growing the Siv empire.

SK: I cant go a day without.
SN:Thinking of the future and visualising what I want in the future.


You too can get to know him a bit more. Follow him on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to find out what he gets up to. About that Ted Talk he mentioned earlier on, you can click here to watch it - http://youtu.be/-RKmezaRVmY. #ManTheFUp

And some images of Siv in A.C.T.I.O.N.






Images from Strictly Come Dancing and My Comedy.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment